In a demonstration of innovation and potential, these contenders have emerged from a pool of talent, embodying the promise of reshaping the sports betting and igaming landscape with forward-thinking solutions.
The competition has previously been held at the SBC Summit North America in New Jersey, as well as flagship SBC Summit Barcelona.
As SBC takes charge of managing the Canadian Gaming Summit, the First Pitch competition will play a crucial role as part of the growth and leadership track on the event’s second full day, scheduled for June 15.
The three finalists of the Canadian Gaming Summit First Pitch are:
- Flex Fantasy: enables users to synchronise their season-long fantasy line-ups and utilise them to compete against individuals across different platforms in diverse game formats for real-money rewards.
- Turnover Global: generates virtual sports betting content through sports simulation, which accurately reflects current and past game results. It ensures that the required return to player percentage tolerances are consistently maintained for each bet line, as mandated by compliance labs.
- Linemate: aims to revolutionise research insights for novice sports bettors and establish itself as a lifestyle brand catering to these users by addressing the obstacles that hinder consumers from easily embracing and adopting new behavioural patterns.
The chosen companies will have the chance to showcase their innovative products to industry leaders and investors. They will also compete for an exclusive prize package valued at over CA$ 35,000, specifically designed to assist in their future development and growth endeavors. The prize package includes:
- An exclusive brand or web design package, valued at CA$ 3,700, from Vegas Kings, an igaming design and development agency that has been trusted by brands such as Ladbrokes, Betfred, Spinomenal, BetConstruct, and more.
- A comprehensive promotional package from SBC Media, including six months of advertising on either SBC Americas or Canadian Gaming Business, newsletter advertising, as well as two featured editorials promoting the winning business (valued at CA$ 16,000).
- Two drafted press releases at any time during 2023 with any news/product updates that the winner would like to share with the industry, distributed to all igaming B2B media and the US via Business Wire (ensuring coverage on Bloomberg, Yahoo! Finance, etc.), a video interview produced and shared by GameOn, and two additional thought leadership articles that would be placed within a media partner of SBC (valued at CA$ 4,900).
- A Receptional Prize Pack – valued at CA$ 13,000 (The Receptional team will collaborate with the winning company to provide a tailored digital marketing package).
The competition will be moderated by Jesse Learmonth, (Host of the Betting Startups Podcast) and judged by Benjie Cherniak (Principal at Avenue H Capital, LLC), Dani Lipkin (Managing Director of Global Innovation Sector TMX Group), Scott Secord (Partner, Cardinal Capital Sports), Emily McIlquham (Investment Analyst, Relay Ventures) and Mohit Kansal (Managing Director, Clarivest) who will work together to decide the winner after all finalists pitch their products.
You must have a ticket to the Canadian Gaming Summit to attend the First Pitch competition.
You can purchase your ticket for the Canadian Gaming Summit by visiting the website. For groups of three or more people, a special discount will be applied, saving you $200 on the regular ticket price (Per ticket).